World Science Scholars

1.1 First Telepathic Control

discussion Discussion
Note

Click on the Play/Pause button to watch/stop the video. Use the other controls to change the volume, speed, quality, and size of the video. When you’re done watching the video, click on the “Mark Complete” button below the video to indicate that you’ve completed this course element. All users can read the associated discussion; however, only registered users can add or reply to comments about the video. This lecture was filmed on June 4, 2016 at the World Science Festival in New York City.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Can these brain machines also be used to recreate or create speech commands that allows the subject to make sense of their impulses to describe their feelings or experience? I am very interested in this subject for many reasons. For example, I am a Traumatic Brain Injury survivor. One experience I had the day I came back from the como-tose state, I was found only within the 2 weeks after the accident. At that moment I could say word, the moment I didn’t know my name. If it were not for the nurse who got me to remember my name, I wouldn’t had been able to speak. That’s why I ask the question above, because these said brain machines could we be used in humans that lose their ability to speak, for them to be able to regain speech if implanted with the said brain machines that will allow to say what they are not able to say, while lacking the normal ability to speak.

• Camera work was poor. The instructor had a screen where he was illustrating some of his points, but the video rarely showed it and even when it did, it was from a distance and couldn’t be seen very well.

• Great …

• Fascinating, 5 years later Elon Musk showed something similar as a brain machine interface with Neuralink. I would be really interested if we could also create qualia through this process (sight, smell, hearing and so on) or maybe new quale altogether.

• Certainly. Using the same process any known function can be performed.

• Fascinating, 5 years later Elon Musk showed something similar as a brain machine interface with Neuralink. I would be really interested if we could also create qualia through this process (sight, smell, hearing and so on) or maybe new quale altogether.

• undefined

• Thank you to Prof. Nicolelis for this audit. WSU is outta this world! 🙂

• Great

• undefined

• good

• undefined

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend