World Science Scholars

1.1 Scale

discussion Discussion
Note

These lectures were filmed in July–August 2014.

Viewing 30 reply threads
    • I think this couse will be very engaging. We are off to a good start.

• After the non-math version I still had the same questions as before. With this longer course with the math, maybe I can finally get it!

• perfect explanation
      love you professor Greene

• perfect explanation
      love you professor Greene

• Superb.

• Superb.

• I have learned something that I did not know.

• I really the way ,that you explained so, enthusiastic and passionate and insatiably curious.

• Extremely small size > quantum mechanic
      Extreme mass > general theory of relativity
      Extreme spend > special theory of relativity!

• Extremely small size > quantum mechanic
      Extreme mass > general theory of relativity
      Extreme spend > special theory of relativity!

• Nice

• Nice

• Reflecting on Professor Greene’s words about intuition, evolution and survival, I find it interesting how the Special Theory of Relativity was born just before humanity made its first step into the Space Age. Was it just a convenient coincidence or was it, actually, all part of the evolution and survival process as our environment expands?
      Hence, I’m curious if our intuition relative to the environment would ever be altered by the new perspectives on the Universe given to us by instruments augmenting our senses and knowledge augmenting our empirical experience.

• Actually no, your new perspectives are causing human extinction. You can not see the here and now on earth and are using some morbid caricature of science as an escape from life. Few things are more horrific then people like Brian Greene today, sinking ever deeper into the death of the human race using science as theology. You can no longer feel life beside you.

• Try feigning happiness; in other words, fake it till you make it. It is not Brian Greene’s job, nor anyone else’s, to care for you. Your life and state of mind are your responsibility. If you don’t like this presentation, go elsewhere. You contribute nothing in your present state of mind.

If you want help, ask; I am a lot happier today than I once was; I owe my recovery to my willingness to change my attitude, not to insist that others change around me.

I am willing to contribute to your life in this limited way because serving others is how I change and grow in this life.

Take care.

• I took this course many years ago when it was first aired… Am doing it again.

• I took this course years ago when it came out first.. Doing it again.

• I AM EVEN TAKING NOTES !

• After the human race goes extinct because it ignored the physical here and now on earth, it won’t matter what these old sad theogisns like Greene did or found. It’s just more decay and stink on the pews of complete loss.

• going to give it one more go.

• Going to give it one more go.

• Great ♥

• nice video!

• What’s up Tom, you doing good at the Emperor Carl College in the land down under?

• When you were talking about the different quantities we have access to, I tried to predict the third one, and said “time.” You said speed, which actually does make sense, given that time is a component of speed, then that you related these different values to the extremes which has led us to the various theories. I never looked at Special Relativity as an extreme of speed. I have to admit that my studies did not extend much in to Special Relativity. Nice to get the opportunity to look at it more closely. Thank you!

• When you were talking about the different quantities we have access to, I tried to predict the third one, and said “time.” You said speed, which actually does make sense, given that time is a component of speed, then that you related these different values to the extremes which has led us to the various theories. I never looked at Special Relativity as an extreme of speed. I have to admit that my studies did not extend much in to Special Relativity. Nice to get the opportunity to look at it more closely. Thank you!

• Sorry for being 8 years late for class but I just found out about it. In fact I have already watched half the 11 hr video before finding this site. Sooo looking forward to learning more.

• Sorry for being 8 years late for class but I just found out about it. In fact I have already watched half the 11 hr video before finding this site. Sooo looking forward to learning more.

• Thank you to Prof. Brien Greene for this audit.

My WSU report card says i need to attend this course. Adult education has improved drastically in NorthAm, so i am respecting the recommendation.

I hold out due to Tesla measuring the speed of light as 3x greater than Einstein did.

Why listen to outdated science when Tesla has his world now with wifi, a/c lights, and his other wireless options clearly ignored for 100 years in mainstream science!

As a Historian, thank you for the walk through Einstein ignoring Tesla answering the speed of light as 3x greater than the now dead Einstein is popular for. We can move on beyond generational entrapment in science.

Rickover still controls nuke electrical generation from the grave. No liquid flouride thorium reactors from his era.

History in all things heals technology according to Neil Postman.

• Thank you Doctor Greene

• Thank you Doctor Greene

• nice objective for this course, thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend