World Science Scholars

1.1 The Expanding Universe

discussion Discussion
Note

Click on the Play/Pause button to watch/stop the video. Use the other controls to change the volume, speed, quality, and size of the video. When you’re done watching the video, click on the Mark Complete button below the video to indicate that you’ve completed this course element. All users can read the associated discussion; however, only registered users can add or reply to comments about the video. This lecture was filmed on May 30, 2015 at the World Science Festival in New York City.‎

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Nicely explained.

• The deep image shown at the beginning of the video blew me away. To visually see how teeming with galaxies the universe is was amazing. Thank you World Science University and Dr. Riess!!!

• • A Modern Model for the Universe: https://www.academia.edu/11750437
      • The Universe, a Nine Dimension System: https://www.academia.edu/23710171

• 英国留学申请Gloucestershire保录取【Q微211457004】英国格鲁斯特大学毕业证成绩单|Gloucestershire学历学位文凭证书办理

• Thank you for the really good explanation. I find it amazing that E. Hubble has drawn a straight line through the pile of dots. Not easy to see, I find.

• The universe is still unfolding, and faster all the time. Nice!

• The Universe is expanding at least for now…could it be that after enough black holes combine or merge that eventually a super massive black hole could cause another Big Bang ….a cyclic, recycled universe which would follow along with the ideas that matter and energy and thus information is never essentially destroyed…

• Fantastic and clear

• Thanks to Prof. Adam Reiss for thee audit!

The raisin loaf keeps rising. Parallax for distancing. Light houses or 90 km laser sun. Fog horns, objects of known size. Super novae as standard candles. Redshift expansion of space. Edwin Hubble`s efforts. Running the movie backwards for an age and inverse guess of the universe age. Hubble found 2 billion years- he was off.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend