World Science Scholars

1.1 The Powers and Perils of Technology

discussion Discussion
Note

This lecture was filmed on June 4, 2016 at the World Science Festival in New York City.

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Please.
      What is the rate of the increasing in the the sea surface level per year due to the greenhouse effect and devolving the earth’s polars ice?
      Thank you

• Please.
      What is the rate of the increasing in the the sea surface level per year due to the greenhouse effect and devolving the earth’s polars ice?
      Thank you

• Depressing!

• Nikola Tesla say the vision is energy. He had the means and computable equations to give the world free energy. It’s sad to see the greed of those in charge rule over those who are. A balance I have never seen since I have been alive.

• The sad reality. We human live a good life in the surface while those other creatures both land and marine are suffering due to our doing.

• The sad reality. We human live a good life in the surface while those other creatures both land and marine are suffering due to our doing.

• Sad indeed, but as long as we aim for profit, well I hope I’m
      wrong.

• Sad indeed, but as long as we aim for profit, well I hope I’m
      wrong.

• We fail to see how poisoning the planet to death will soon poison us, perhaps into extinction.

• We fail to see how poisoning the planet to death will soon poison us, perhaps into extinction.

• When we poison the earth as we do, we cause the extinction of the human race. It is too late for most, if our species survives it will be from taking every action immediately to clean our planet. Micro toxins in our food will not give us anytime to wait.

• The human race is going extinct. People such as Sylvia can not arouse themselves to save themselves. Hope spots will never bring recovery. There must be a global, race wide change of human behavior for recovery. We are ready to advance every aspect of human life immediately. Please respond. Have emailed Greene’s assistant.

• I think people will realize the deadline and easy alternative solutions that were there all along.

• Thanks to Prof. Sylvia for the course! ⛷🚣🌂☂🐾🐊🐸🐢🐧🐳🐟🐬🐋🐠🐡🐙🐚🦀🐌🦈🦢⛄💧🌍🌎🌏🌧🌨💦

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend