World Science Scholars

1.1 The Recipe for Life

discussion Discussion
Note

Click on the Play/Pause button to watch/stop the video. Use the other controls to change the volume, speed, quality, and size of the video. When you’re done watching the video, click on the “Mark Complete” button below the video to indicate that you’ve completed this course element. All users can read the associated discussion; however, only registered users can add or reply to comments about the video. This lecture was recorded on May 30, 2015 at the World Science Festival in New York City.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Thanks Professor. This is an interesting topic to explore. Scientists some times claim that there hasn’t been an evidence of life on other planets, however it is important to note what characteristic/definition of life these scientists used in their search. There is a possibility that what we consider to be life or the properties of life isn’t the same with other planets. Then we are left to think that there is possibility we have seen life on other planets with features those not fit in our definition of life on earth

• The scarcity of appearance of all the elements existing together…

• Life may be defined as a self sufficient chemical system that can experience exclusion in an inclusive space time

• Life may be defined as a self sustainable chemical system that can experience exclusion in an inclusive space time

• Very much intestinal in this topic, willing to go in deep.

• Very much Interested in this topic, willing to go in deep.

• Thank you to Prof. Dimitar Sassilovfor the opportunity to attend this course. My Ukrainian and russian heritage recognize your name spelt differently. Dmitry, Dimitri, your duo PhD`s and work on exoplanets is something to look for in the bookstore. I grew up near Toronto. But i admire Sofia, and also Brasov. I am aiming for a Doctorate in Astronomy, perhaps exploring my `skydisc` concept of circumpolar regions. Prof. Andrew Strominger is an inspiration, so thanks to Harvard Alumni!

My polarcusp research shows stellar and onterstellar drop-ins with Uranyl, a water+ uranium molecule moderating radiation. My thesis prediction is for thornyl to exist.

We only exist in moderated ragiation environments as biologicals.

• Thank you to Prof. Dimitar Sassilov for the opportunity to attend this course. My Ukrainian and russian heritage recognize your name spelt differently. Dmitry, Dimitri, your duo PhD`s and work on exoplanets is something to look for in the bookstore. I grew up near Toronto. But i admire Sofia, and also Brasov. I am aiming for a Doctorate in Astronomy, perhaps exploring my `skydisc` concept of circumpolar regions. Prof. Andrew Strominger is an inspiration, so thanks to Harvard Alumni!

My polarcusp research shows stellar and interstellar drop-ins with Uranyl, a water+ uranium molecule moderating radiation. My thesis prediction is for thoranyl to exist.

We only exist in moderated radiation environments as biologicals.

• Life is the sensation of being alive, involving irrational perceptions, feelings, and interactions.

• Life is the sensation of being alive, involving irrational perceptions, feelings, and interactions.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend