World Science Scholars

1.5 Einstein’s Gravity

discussion Discussion
Note

Discussions are a place where registered users can click on Reply to share their ideas and questions that follow from the material we’re covering. All users can view the conversation and indicate their like or dislike for a specific comment.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Dark matter is known to exist primarily because of its large-scale gravitational effects. Nothing is definitively known about the particle or particles that compose the dark matter. How likely do you think it is that an understanding of the particle nature of dark matter can be reached on Earth?

• Many theories have been proposed about which particles could constitute dark matter, including WIMPs (weakly interacting massive particles), axions, sterile neutrinos, and other exotic particles.The technology required to perform experiments sensitive enough to detect the dark matter particles is extremely complex and challenging.
        It’s important to recognize that the complexity and uncertainty associated with this question means we can’t predict with certainty when or if we’ll achieve a full understanding of the dark matter particle on Earth.

• Finding something that has eluded us since nearly a century is less likely every day. Moreover: Since the HST has found about 10 times as many galaxies as previously accounted for (some “real” dark matter), and considering much more deeply the workings of “dark energy”, which works in analogy with gravity, plus looking at working theories of modified gravity (like MOND) there are lots of clues disfavouring dark matter (although it was a stroke of a genius at the time).

• The particle nature of dark matter is the simplest solution to the gravity like effects that cause the rotation curves of galaxies. Even if the next running of the LHC or the experiments under ground don’t find either WIMPS or MACHOS, experimentalists wont give up. Its been only 8 years since the Higgs confirmation.. It the particle theory is right, it’s just a matter of time, technology, and statistics. In the meantime, I’m sure there are plenty of theorist looking for a new theory as radical as Einstein’s gravity is compared to Newton’s gravity to explain “dark matter.”

• The future of Dark matter lies at the heart of future colliders hitting for higher energies or approaching the issue from a different angle as the one normally used. The high luminosity LHC and the future concept of a 100 km circular accelerator will answer many questions which I hope will reveal a particle of Dark matter.

• I think it is an issue of time.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • The presence of Dark Matter is required to be established and proved to really understand if it has any gravitational effect.

• copy thank you

• dark matter is gravity from a different dimension.

• three different kinds of gravity.

• Probably understanding the quantum traits of the dark matter particle at the LHC

• LHC or bigger accelerator may shed new light to the topic. Until then, we could only scratch our heads and make up better theories.

• Justin Khoury is right by referring that scientist who proposed that the hellow which Dark Matter affects the tension of gravity between galaxy systems is due to superfluids…I don’t know much like a professional scientists, that does make more sense than the fake dark matter theory scientists are trying to believe their paycheck on.

• when it comes to Dark Matter theories, scientists papers are the new (FB)…with fake content.

• I personally believe that dark matter is an LSP – Lightest Supersymmetric Particle. Therefore, I think that if we could generate SUSY particles in accelerators here on Earth that might provide some information about dark matter and the possibility that it’s an LSP.

• Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Its quirky, this question is posted by another Prof. Or his crew. Is World Science Uni correlating research?

Dark matter needs cold.

To determine the dark energy requires a place always cold- the circumpolar regions.

These will be the places any good sustained science will uncover dark matter research, be it the axion, or not.

Axions are double mentioned by both dark matter and dark energy Prof. S Khoury and Turner.

Gravitons, so far, rate mentioning by Prof. D..

Polar regions are outter-space, almost. They are most unbiome-like. Space Force of the USA now breaks ground to build there, but other north Euros seem to think their scientist are well aware of cold regional science.

What are the Russians saying on dark matter research in polar regions?

• we’ll find it or disprove it entirely eventually, my current guess concludes that it may be proton’s decayed to the point they no longer luminesce, and at that instant transform from energy and zero mass to dark matter/energy with high mass but such a small area maybe smaller than plank size, so it only affects the gravity above plank size. Just meanderings of an old retired coal miner.

• Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have full confidence that the quantifying and qualifying of dark matter will occur or has occured upon the Earth.

We may sit in a biome that is vastly different than space, but our logic can eventually determine the factors of and in space that are both dark matter and dark energy… And anything else!

This is why we attend WSU, to walk in the steps of giants, to extoll their level- headed approaches, and to recognize their intrigues as our own.

CLG
      🙂
      🍵☕🍵🍵

Topic tags for Prof. Khoury and the next Einstein can include Prof. Carlos Rovelli and his 💡white holes.

Prof. Khoury himself has done meticulous work. If we could generate SUSY materials on the inside sodium layer @90 km in a massive new project accelerator on Prof. Ghaz’s laser target surface, we have a new world project & technology. This may badly be needed for world political stability.

I do not think we should approach this topic as a fake topic. Prof. Khoury & other sciences are thorough in the inferring studies. Prof. Mike D. Gordin of Princeton studies the pseudosciences in his book ‘On the Fringe’, if people need better ideas of scientific demarcations.

It is a telling tale there is so much written about how dark energy and matter may not be able to be studied under organic, 🌐🌏🌎🌍 Earth circumstances commonly known.

And thanks to WSU for allowing old coal miners and others a chance to stretch our minds to tool 🧲🧪📡 extensions previously unknown.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend