World Science Scholars

14.1 The Reality of Past, Present, and Future

discussion Discussion
Viewing 11 reply threads
    • This method doesn’t allow use to see the future. It only reduces the delay in seeing (do to the speed of light.) The best we can do is to go the speed of light, then there’s no delay (even tho the object maybe light years away. )

• Does it mean past, present and future are illusion ?

• So I guess since we don’t see distant galaxies changing shape if running with a telescope and alternating running toward and away from the said galaxy while looking through the telescope, it means that to confirm the teachings of this lesson, we’d have to have a way of examining the alien’s future chronicles (or auto-biography). We’d have to read that what it saw Earth doing while riding its bicycle toward Earth, is consistent with things in our park bench ancestor’s future yet in our (far future scholars) past.

• Why I can’t watch the video…it is private…

• Why I can’t watch the video…it is private…

• if i hear a loud bang at say 2pm but someone else heard it at 1pm they did not hear my future they were just a lot closer

• if i hear a loud bang at say 2pm but someone else heard it at 1pm they did not hear my future they were just a lot closer

• This brought into my mind the rocket exercises, but in that when it travels away it goes into the future and returning goes further into the future according to those on Earth, so this must mean that from the rockets rearview they would see the Earth’s past and only see the jump to the future on the return trip? Hmmm, I must be missing something. oh, wait a minute wrong perspective on my part, when the rocket was going away its time slowed by earth’s view so it would be viewing earths past, a negative time if you will, followed by the positive time on the return?
      Thinking during typing makes for a longer response.

• This brought into my mind the rocket exercises, but in that when it travels away it goes into the future and returning goes further into the future according to those on Earth, so this must mean that from the rockets rearview they would see the Earth’s past and only see the jump to the future on the return trip? Hmmm, I must be missing something. oh, wait a minute wrong perspective on my part, when the rocket was going away its time slowed by earth’s view so it would be viewing earths past, a negative time if you will, followed by the positive time on the return?

• The final bunch line is mind blowing! wow! That is why I love physics.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend