World Science Scholars

18.3 Distance Spaceflight

discussion Discussion
Viewing 8 reply threads
    • I don’t see how you got (1+10^18) onto the left side in going from the second form of equation to the third.

• I don’t see how you got (1+10^18) onto the left side in going from the second form of the equation to the third.

• I love this course and I understand it, and see the logic, nonetheless I find it fascinating that if another ship travelling in the opposite direction at much slower speed, they will of course say the distance and travel time is different than their space-travelling counterparts, even when crossing one another in a very close fly-by. This seems to imply that space can be severely ‘distorted’, for the lack of a better word, in one very local space, dependent upon the traveller’s speed/perspective, which says something very interesting about space existing in multiple configurations simultaneously. I guess it is not distortion, but more perspective being in the eye of the beholder. Incredible.

• Sorry, double post.

• He put c^2 as a common denominator on the right hand side, then brought the 10^18 x v^2, with sign change to the left hand side =, factoring out V^2 from both terms now on the left hand side. What remains on the right hand side is (c^2)x10^18.

• Exceptional!

• Explaining without using the Lorentz contraction:

The number of Earth years needed to get to Zakstar is 10^9/ v where v is the speed of the rocket. Divide by the time dilation factor to get to rocket years (equal to multiplying by the square root of (1 – v^2). We take units where c is 1 (light years per year). So 10^9 * sqrt( 1 – v^2) = 1 or
      10^18 * (1 – v^2) = 1. Solving this gives the required answer. This speed is just about 1 billionth of a meter less than the speed of light.

• B2 technology is decided by aEther concepts, often called debunked by modern science.

Prof. Brown & Bifost (2Bs) allow for aEther physics. Distant spaceflight as seen by Einstein allows Einstein to debunk aEther, but the tech exists, so Einsteinian concepts need updating or we need to find jobs with the military to pursue truth in science.

Historically, Einsteinianism is good for where it takes us. But i have friends on other planets.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend