World Science Scholars

2.4 Augmenting the Senses

discussion Discussion
Note

Discussions are a place where registered users can click on Reply to share their ideas and questions that follow from the material we’re covering. All users can view the conversation and indicate their like or dislike for a specific comment.

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • If you could use this technology to augment your own senses, would you? If so, what would you do and how would you do it?

• see in dark

• Infrared sight could be cool to have and computer connected right to our brains

• vcx

• I would try to recreate an eprom. Which turns out to be the bootstrap program that allows the computer to map its logical addresses. With this technology, as I teach my brain to remember like the eprom does, my thoughts and senses can be recreate either in the same body after a traumatic accident, or in another body, per say, transcend to overcome our short lived lives.

• I’m agree with the doctor, is never gonna be a machine as our brains

• We will never have any machine capable of replacing the real wonder that is the brain … but giving the possibility of someone who has lost sight of seeing again would be wonderful….

• I would like to feel the activity of my cells in the body, as the skin regenerating or a wound healing. Of course I would also like to learn how to turn that sense on and off, in order to not become crazy.

• I think first off I would try to find a less invasive way to gather the brain data. Then I would try to create a new, never before seen qualia – something that feels different than our regular senses. Of course, this would take a lot of work in order to determine what generates qualia in the first place, but if successful it would be one of the greatest discoveries of all time, in my opinion, if not THE greatest discovery – we would understand how the brain creates qualia and what’s so special about a particular type of neuron and its receptors – why do dopaminergic neurons create a different sensation from serotonergic ones, for example? Is it the location in the brain? Their molecular structure? The way they encode the information? The way they alter the brain waves? So many questions to ask.

• The way they structurally interact in the electrochemical sequences.

• As i want to discover & expand my knowledge into this field & Way to create artificial humanoids with direct control by human central nervous system , as this discovery will expand , we can discover many astronomical island in mars & plantery system , we can cure paraplegia & we can feel every sensory experience in different planet as we upgrade into this field . We have to expand this field

• Hook my brain up to some sort of technology to be able to find out if there is a parallel universe me.

• It’s very interesting phase in scientific research and digital evolutions where on one side we are trying to make our brains execute tasks through prosthetics etc. without using our biological limbs (Let’s call this outward approach) and on the other hand we have Metaverse where we are in a way shaping a parallel reality where again we can execute tasks or get gratification without actually doing anything physically.

As far as augmenting my own senses goes, I would probably like to experience the wave state of particles somehow (don’t know if that’s even close to something that’s possible but it would be amazing to translating that into real experience (It’s probably going to be like accessing all possibilities that something can translate to, at once!

• Or waves hopping energy conservation future or past that would normally circle back to the receiver that could be interpreted by circumstance you’d be behaving in.

• I would use this technology to augment soldier frames in the field to have the ability to control frames for strategic mission outcomes. I would use a secure satellite uplink connection to the frames, through either short wave high capacity channels to a centralized unit that transmits commands on the field to increase speeds or depending on the cost of the asset operating the machine, to a home base that is secured in a native country.

It would also be advantageous to alleviate some of the problems with artificial limbs and sense to these limbs, which would be an excellent use case function for this technology.

It would also be neat to have a hive mind, where other people’s senses are augmented with this device, and then transmit the signals back to a central person that feels what society feels.

tough question, lots of use case functions.

• Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is an incredible question to dream of.

Because the gravity wave data is out, I have been trying to see if the guys have an interest in developing gravity wave music.

I am unsure where this leads. The applications of gravity waves in industry seem mostly to be for communications through solid matter.

Computer science melded or interfaced with neurobiology shows the reality of the mech warfare possible, so I think gravity music can move us all in ways we never knew possible. It is at 10 kHz, so that means electronic guitars, organs, and tambourines…rather an eerie place in scalar music.

The brain power to think of a BMI for gravity waves may be simpler when left outside the body- and in the realm of music.

• Sample gravity wave device.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • Hi guys,
      I would like to have some device that could sort of facilitate a telepathy kind of effect.

• The tech we used to see through the Sandstorm tech vision lol they should make a wireless hdmi you can plug into your game console or ect and use your brain or vision as the monitor 😛

• Would like to link my brain with AI. I don’t think we know what is possible until we try

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend