World Science Scholars

3.3 Multiple Ways of Making a Cortex

discussion Discussion
Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Fascinating brain origami!

• I can’t see how folding a piece of paper changes it’s original volume, it doesn’t loose any molecules in the process, so just how does it change allowing more surface area. Am I looking at this too literally? I can see that it changes the shape, however not the surface volume…that would be a constant right?

• I guess the main point is that it takes much more energy to fold even a slight increase in thickness, making it less likely to happen naturally.

• I can’t see how folding a piece of paper changes it’s original volume, it doesn’t loose or gain any molecules in the process, so just how does it change allowing more surface area. Am I looking at this too literally? I can see that it changes the shape, however not the surface volume…that would be a constant right?

• I can’t see how folding a piece of paper changes it’s original volume, it doesn’t loose or gain any molecules in the process, so just how does it change allowing more surface area. Am I looking at this too literally? I can see that it changes the shape, however not the surface volume…that would be a constant right?

• ok

• Folding increases with smaller brains.

Neurons increase with smaller brains, of birds.

• ¡Interesante!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend