World Science Scholars

3.4 Gauge/Gravity Duality and Quantum Mechanics

discussion Discussion
Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Does the gauge/gravity duality convince you that black holes will play a role in improving our understanding of quantum mechanics?

• Yes.

• Black holes are special sort of entities, because they connect the realms of gravity and quantum physics.

• How do zero-mass black holes form?

• We don’t know what a singularity is, but at what point exactly does our understanding of the process of stellar collapse end? For example, the process (presumably) passes through a ‘neutron star’ phase — but what happens after that? Do we know?

• Yes. Makes me wonder about the possible applications of quantum algorithms, and QAOA, on large-scale projects.

• yes

• Yes. Black holes are important solutions and their behavior may bring several clues about the marriage between quantum mechanics and gravity.

• Yes

• Yes

• YES

• Definitely, although I’m more fascinated about white holes and the lack of interest in understanding them. I think they are key to understanding what the Big Bang “is” and how it happened, including at t=0. But besides that, anything that can help us getting a grip on quantum gravity is welcomed and truth be told, the AdS/CFT correspondence is the coolest thing I know about in physics.

• yes

• Yes!!!!

• Yes

• Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

We haven`t been asked for prerequisites for this course, so it is a huge topic and needing further study. 📚

I do not know quantum mechanics.

In attending this course for better Astronomical comprehension, there are baffling moments.

I do think black holes help us to understand science better.

They help us understand at the core of most galaxies is a very large and relentless supermassive that also protects us. 🛡

From what? Most collisions have ended between stars in the maturing of the universe. But not between galaxies. We need our galactic core thug to repel and take out threats. Five times, this causes the Milky Way to grow in size.

New stars are made all the time, but not in stabilized locations such as the solar system.

The guage/gravity duality allows us to see black holes on the AdS side of things with all dynamic matter. This helps clarify what quantum mechanics must identify.

The other side has a non-linear, non-form energy that is perhaps quanta itself. 🎆

So yes, black holes help us understand quantum mechanics, but often by recognizing what black holes are not.

I often feel daunted asked such a question that is at present needing further study- it is nice to participate in discussion, but better to be accurate.

I apologize for any and all typos and quirky auto completes. Please recall device contact is 20% of communication.

• Nice theory, but still theory that needs more proofs. Definitely worth the time to attend, great brain feast.

• The black holes are one of the fascinating wonders in the universe. We got this much cyclopean information when we are around 1500 light years away from it. Imagine if we have some chance to go proximate to it.

• We all know that when a Star’s volume become zero with the mass it has, a blackhole born .but how it could possible?

• Yes

• If AdS/CFT correspondence is a matter-radiation split, then we see the defining of matter and radiation as separate in quantum mechanics, yet as quantum science in definition- a science of dualities.

When we look at how black hole theory utilizes radiation and utilizes matter, we gain further insight to quantum mechanics in black hole theory.

Radiation as electromagnetics cannot escape black hole theory. Some forms of higher ionized radiation has no mass and seems not to be in obedience to total gravity control. This is levels of gamma and higher radiations, without gravity controlled mass. Prof. Guth also talks about repulsive gravity, which states that gravity control in a black hole can be either attractive or repulsive, but under total control of the event horizon. This seems paradoxical if nothing escapes gravity of an event horizon that potentially can also exhibits repulsive gravity duality. 🙂.

Matter cannot escape the black hole theory. Mass is controled by gravity, all matter has mass. Mass under gravity attraction is collapsed. Mass under gravity repulsion is under control, but leads to questions.

The Event Horizon as a gravity control region shows total authority, but then gravity also displays it’s own duality.

This shows the gravity waves on the electromagnetic scale towards the far end of mass coupled radiations- lower ended than radio waves, more than likely to be mass coupled as it is opposite from gamma rays on the electromagnetic scale. It’s very own duality of Prof. Guth-like repulsion-attraction seems to hold an unravelling potential.

Bookends of Gamma and Gravity ray/wave electromagnetic scale extremities may require further research, unless we have a previous unknown circle model and not a true bookended scale.

🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱🧱

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Black hole science is increasing quantum science.

When we look at the gauge science of quantum chromatics, we see that neither gluons nor quarks are allowed to leave protons or neutrons.

Protons are made of two up quarks and one down quark.

Neutrons are made of two down quarks and one up quark.

I do not know how gluons fit in that process.

Black hole theory states the event horizon allows nothing to escape.

Does that include quarks and gluons, and further, are neutrinos under the event horizon authority?

When we see that nothing escapes the event horizon, are quarks and gluons allowed to escape protons and neutrons within the event horizon?

Then theory states if degeneracy allows electron stars to be white dwarves, and neutron stars are tightly packed neutrons, the logic allows a black hole to be tightly packed quarks, muons, even neutrinos.

If black hole degeneracy follows the theory of electrons and neutrons being tightly packed but unable to collapse further, we can imagine the tightly packed quarks, the tightly packed gluons, and tightly packed neutrinos.

I do not know how gluons fit into protons or neutrons.

If neutrinos cannot tightly pack, then not all things are bound to the event horizon of a black hole.

Gauge/gravity is not quantum chromatics. It is a duality, and another gauge.

Black holes increase our awareness of quantum mechanics.

Prof. Sara Walker has her TedTalks exhortations for science to have more field work outside the labs for a more wholistic understanding of galactic science. This is a factor that applies to many things.

CLG
      🙂
      🍵☕🍵🍵

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    • Yes, because it is a compact and real object to try to describe theoretical discussions such as superstrings or other theories trying to describe quantum gravity for example. Black holes have important variables for these types of studies and in the entropy formula, we can observe thermodynamics, Planck’s constant, gravitation and special relativity.

It is an excellent object to study and I believe that this entire discussion will become more consistent as we are able to understand the entropy and information processes of black holes.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend