World Science Scholars

3.5 Inflation

discussion Discussion
Viewing 8 reply threads
    • One of the biggest criticisms of the inflationary model is that it makes untestable predictions. Some scientists claim that inflation is too flexible a model, “immune” to experiment–that it allows for all possible outcomes and is unfalsifiable, and scientifically meaningless. Are you convinced that the inflationary paradigm is truly explanatory? Do its shortcomings have any impact on its verity? Do we need a more robust theory to describe the origin, evolution, and future of our universe? Explain your answer.

• Surely, in science, we are not required to believe in a theory – a good theory is just a tool that suits our purpose until a better, more precise tool (theory) is constructed.
        When we find that our favourite theory cannot account for the nature of perceived reality, we simply question it rigourously until it can be refined or replaced?

• The inflation theory has been supported by evidence, so there’s reason to believe it. Much of cosmology remains unsolved mysteries, so having a somewhat robust and widely accepted model can help.

• No, it’s not scientifically meaningless. It helps in explaining certain mysteries of the big bang and is a great step towards explaining all the mysteries and answering all the questions. We still don’t know about the inflationary material and neither about Dark Energy. There are still a lot of mysteries we need to understand to understand I consider the inflationary model as a better improvement and gives new insights and new understandings.

• Inflation theory actually provides the reasons for the Big Bang to exist. With inflation, the occurrence of temperature uniformity and that of the flatness of the universe following the Big Bang may be a reality.

• yes

• Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

The galaxy has grown 5 times in the last 13.8billion years.

When we were small, there was less mass and power.

Since the Milky Way has expanded, we will have greater and greater influence on events.

I often worry this will be overlooked when we say our BMWs will never hit the Porsche. At one time, the impact would happen, but then the galactic mass repulsion occured, possibly in the last two impacts, only. This implies a concept of critical mass.

I would like to see evidence of the survival of the beautiful concept, off-earth. I think it doesn`t apply, but i am unsure.

Inflationary models account for many things. It allows for the CMB. It allows for gravitons.

Hopefully one day tech levels progress beyond questions, but it is a miracle the blossoming of science when wars stop.

• https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/100-000-years-of-power-us-japan-team-hails-h2-boron-plasma-fusion-breakthrough/2-1-1411318

Dark stars of Prof. Freese may have boron.

Or are only plasma stars. The word dark itself confuses citizen scientist, but not when it is renamed plasma.

• its very complicated

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend