World Science Scholars

3.1 LIGO’s Success

discussion Discussion
Viewing 11 reply threads
    • I hope when all the new LIGO’S including LIGO_INDIA will act simultaneously,we will discover many more interesting fact’s about the universe.

• When using pulsars to measure a freq of 10 to the -9 Hz it will take 300 yr to record 10 cycles of the wave. 30 yrs for one cycle, still a bit long. 7.5 yrs of signal could be used in signal processing to estimate the wave form, but noise would have to be quit low (many measurements with low noise instruments.)

• Amen, more LIGOs better location and lower noise! {:<)
      This is suppose to be a reply to “SHOUVIK MONDAL” but it looks out of place.

• When measuring cosmic microwave background GV wave, a freq of 10 to the -16Hz, it will take 300,000,000 yr to record 1 cycle of the wave. What am I missing.
      I wish I could edit original comment the following day or later!

• LIGO has played such a huge role in the detection of gravitational waves.

• What I like about physics is its basic definition no matter how the terms differ from one topic or chapter to another they all go back to that basic definition of “push or pull” say; on or off in electric switch or 1 or 0 in binary on electronics ( or so on….touch or press on screen of smart devices or keyboard of screen into the electricity stored with all other memory or motherboard or all).

The question is our thinking of subjectivity or makes this push or pull? Does it all ways have to done by something with or matter like a human or object? Or other Forces can do this in independently with no help of mass/matter?
      When we think of or talk about space, are we referring it as where the density of particles is loose or are we referring it more thing almost like a vacuum? If i am not wrong the difference between solid/liquid and gas is the reaction which is finally the density within the particles ( how compressed they are)…. the electron proton or nucleus reacted with the same ones of the same element or others in different elements… are the known elements present other galaxies or different ones or in which form because if there are no particles we should vacuum not space?

• 13 years from 2003 to september 14th with nothing to show makes me sweat to think of it.

When Hubble had upgrades, we were all glad, but with upgrades after 2009 and still no immediate results… WOW.
      I am a fan of using the kilometer long rock at L5 to search the GRADAR for results in space.

The on-planet version is nerve-wracking.

• great

• great

• Maybe one day we’ll spy out to the universe we compressed from, or into one below our plane? My internal cosmological model is being modified slowly.

• LIGO has a well thought success and Prof. Weiss has a Nobel prize people can see at LIGO`s public outreach building. Upgrades to LIGO sure add more classification dimensions, and extend the sciences, 10*andon.

Prof. Weiss needs to be added to Mt. Rushmore. His efforts include also the Space Station, the four great Observatories in space and more. Space force now talks of observing the Earth in all spectrums, but Astronomy led that idea.

We need to lead the exo-planet discovery also for over-population, land price realities and Milky Way ownership- the whole place of 20% habitability rates for all the galaxy stars. Space Force could also follow that lead that Prof. Weiss contributes to.

As a grandfather of modern Reagen-era Astronomy and more, Prof. Weiss`s insights are good for a place with other firmament individuals of Astrophysics also needing a new Mt. Rushmore place.

🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend