World Science Scholars

2.1 Speed

discussion Discussion
Viewing 19 reply threads
    • wow,what an amazing universe of special relativity?

• oh ! never considered the speed that way ! i mind feeling very satisfied !

• oh ! never considered the speed that way ! i mind feeling very satisfied !

• great explaining of special relativity. He is the one who can explain these things in a very easy way.

• Wow!! Thanks for this awesome content.

• You are an amazing teacher. I have watched your videos in the past. Thank you for providing these free courses, especially during the Covid pandemic. I have been an armchair physicist for one year and it excites me. I am well in my 60s so re-discovering has been a true gift. Thank you.

• Relativity made simpler

• Brian greene has explained the concept of speed with utter simplicity!.. That’s the beauty of Physics

• nice

• Cool – and presumably, objects that are not moving with constant velocity (that is accelerating or decelerating) are experiencing a net force, which would affect their relative frames of reference? But the speed of light (still being used to relay an object’s relative ‘speed’ for example) would still be constant?

• On the thought experiment of a spaceship accelerating towards the speed of light.
      Since the mass of all objects will increase, so will the the increased mass including higher objects (bodies) inertia
      gravitational space folding around the mass etc.
      This means that if in theory we could accelerate the spaceship continuously at some point before reaching very close
      to the light speed the ship will stop functioning, human bodies will get crushed under their own weight etc.
      And in theory if the acceleration would continue the ship will be crushed in very small singularity before reaching the light speed.
      Am I on the right track here or badly mistaken?
      Thanks,

• Im going to start carrying a pin that fits a hand grenade.

• Why do we feel the motion when we are accelerating or decelerating?

• It is an engineering structural task to recognize eventual difficulties.

• this is good no matter how many times I see it.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend