World Science Scholars

3.5 Discussion

discussion Discussion
NoteNote

Discussions are a place where registered users can click on Reply to share their ideas and questions that follow from the material we’re covering. All users can view the conversation and indicate their like or dislike for a specific comment.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Professor Ghez described the trouble she had early in her career getting the necessary institutional support to conduct an experiment that was seen as unlikely to work. With the benefit of hindsight, we can now see that her work has proved vital to the advancement of astrophysics. Do you think that scientific institutions should be doing more to support ‘moonshot’ work like this? If so, how?

• its possible that it is a source for a new dimension and should be studied

• We should be investing more in research of this kind as there is still so much we don’t understand about the cosmos.

• E

• I’m in favor of as much scientific research as possible although I know resources are limited and are allocated according to possible success or commercialization. It is sad to me how un-scientific our country has become, and how much anti-science is broadcast from the highest levels, and how so much future science seems to be moving out of our country.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend