World Science Scholars

5.1 The Cyclic Model

discussion Discussion
Note

This video was filmed prior to the first confirmed detection of gravitational waves in 2015. Although the BICEP2 team initially claimed discovery of gravitational waves in early 2014, it was later discovered by the Planck satellite data that the evidence was in fact the imprint of dust in the Milky Way. The cyclic model remains a compelling picture.

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Fantastic course- much appreciated!

• I would like to thank World Science Festival and Professor Paul Steinhardt for this enriching course.I am a young student and this course has been an eye opener for me.

• Very good!

• I too would like to thank the World Science Festival and Professor Paul Steinhardt for this and many other life enhancing and inspiring courses and lectures.

• 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• This is all quite mindboggling, and also due to LIGO discoveries and gravitons, there seem to be contradictions in the scientific community. This isn`t the only one.

Prof. Andrew Strominger states that on the edge of our universe we find an conforming halo (halo is Prof. Belaney`s word). Logic says we live in a black hole.

Theory allows for a finite universe Prof. Strominger has also stated. That is OK to think of.

• This course is getting more and more mind opening to me. Thank you to all who made WSU one of our realities.

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend