World Science Scholars

3.1 The Neural Correlates of Consciousness

discussion Discussion
Viewing 17 reply threads
    • undefined

• Please how you can explain the relationship between the consciousness and the superposition phenomenon of the electrons behaviour in the quantum mechanics experments .
      Ashraf Ayoub

• Please how you can explain the relationship between the consciousness and the superposition phenomenon of the electrons behaviour in the quantum mechanics experments .
      Ashraf Ayoub

• Yes, I had read about the fascinating case of the 24-year-old Chinese woman mentioned here who showed up at the doctor complaining of dizziness, only to find out that her entire cerebellum was missing! Can you imagine suddenly learning at that age that essentially more than half of your brain is missing?!? (For more details, look up the online article in Science Alert entitled “This Woman Lived 24 Years Without Knowing She Was Missing Her Entire Cerebellum.”) It just goes to show how incredibly resilient and adaptable the brain is! I also loved the discussion here about the way studies have shown that bits of information can be processed without any conscious recognition; there’s just so much going on at the subconscious level. Super-interesting!

• Yes, I had read about the fascinating case of the 24-year-old Chinese woman mentioned here who showed up at the doctor complaining of dizziness, only to find out that her entire cerebellum was missing! Can you imagine suddenly learning at that age that essentially more than half of your brain is missing?!? (For more details, look up the online article in Science Alert entitled “This Woman Lived 24 Years Without Knowing She Was Missing Her Entire Cerebellum.”) It just goes to show how incredibly resilient and adaptable the brain is! I also loved the discussion here about studies that have shown that bits of information can be processed without any conscious recognition; there’s just so much going on at the subconscious level. Super-interesting!

• undefined

• undefined

• What if they do experiment, alter 1 part of the brain of each person(different part for each person) until they discover were they loss consciousness? Of course it must have consent or just like before someone die they decide to offer the part of their body to science or donate to someone. Is it possible? I’m thinking about the 24 year old Chinese who lived without cerebellum..

• What if they do experiment, alter 1 part of the brain of each person(different part for each person) until they discover were they loss consciousness? Of course it must have consent or just like before someone die they decide to offer the part of their body to science or donate to someone. Is it possible? I’m thinking about the 24 year old Chinese who lived without cerebellum..

• Simple to explain…hard to get 🙂

• Simple to explain…hard to get 🙂

• undefined

• The cortical sheet allows consciousness.

• Mice/rodents and people have a conflict. It is a better mix to have human brains with dolphin brains in the experiments of this company. According to Prof., these DishBrain creatures have consciousness- it occurs on the cortex blanket, they have that. Soon they will have mech bodies. They will remember how we treat them.

Or, dogs, and horses. Best friends!

https://corticallabs.com/

• Recent cortical sheet parallels are found in studies of thin sheets of water, i think by Oxford in the UK, but i only have a Cambridge news feed.

So Cambridge shows the sheer electroconductabiliy for small water molecule width that is not recognized as an energy carrier in water of greater depths past sheet depth mentioned here.

It seems a paradox on less allowing more.

• Another promising area of research is the study of brain oscillations and their relationship to consciousness. For example, gamma oscillations, which occur in the frequency range of 25 to 100 Hz, have been linked to perceptual processes and the integration of conscious information.

• Muy interesante!

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend