World Science Scholars

What is Fundamental?

discussion Discussion
Note

Click on the Play/Pause button to watch/stop the video. Use the other controls to change the volume, speed, quality, and size of the video. When you’re done watching the video, click on the Mark Complete button below the video to indicate that you’ve completed this course element. All users can read the associated discussion; however, only registered users can add or reply to comments about the video. This lecture was recorded on May 31, 2015 at the World Science Festival in New York City.

Viewing 24 reply threads
    • I like the introduction!

• The analogy of lampost.

• Thank you for this an interesting introduction I think by time we will adjust the experiments to evaluate this theory and there is some experiments calculate the losses in energy between input and output and if there is unappeard energy losses can be the first step for approving this amazing theory. We remember the scientific argument between Albert Einstein and Nelz Bohr’s about one of the principals of Quantum mechanics and Bohr was right. So this they when approved will explain all mysteries in physics as mother of physics principals.
      Ashraf Ayoub

• Thank you for this an interesting introduction I think by time we will adjust the experiments to evaluate this theory and there is some experiments calculate the losses in energy between input and output and if there is unappeard energy losses can be the first step for approving this amazing theory. We remember the scientific argument between Albert Einstein and Nelz Bohr’s about one of the principals of Quantum mechanics and Bohr was right. So this they when approved will explain all mysteries in physics as mother of physics principals.
      Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

Ashraf Ayoub

• Professor elegantly proved that the question that what is fundamental is itself not fundamental.

• Professor elegantly proved that the question that what is fundamental is itself not fundamental.

• it is strange that even after 45 years of pursuing, experimental evidence is yet to find.

• It is so interesting that the particles are still divided into what is called strings!

• It is so interesting that the particles are still divided into what is called strings!

• It is often said that quarks are ultimately strings, but would that fit to electrons too? Are electrons also strings according string theory?

• Yes, every fundamental particle is a string. The difference is the mode of vibration. So an upquark would vibrate differently than an electron.

• Why can’t I access the video!?

• Why can’t I access the video!?

• Ten to the power minus 30 cms a point particle appears as a vibrating string.
      Strings can join or split.
      1. Is the string in itself reducible to energy or a non-particulate-ness? 2. Does it change E = mc2 ? 3. If Energy and mass are equivalent – can a string be cooled down to zero energy that it has no vibration and is the thing in itself then still energy?

• Can fundamental theories of string theory be fundamentally… Advanced? 😮

• Can fundamental theories of string theory be fundamentally… Advanced? 😮

You must be logged in to reply to this discussion.

Send this to a friend