Forum Replies Created
-
October 16, 2021 at 11:59 pm
This is super cool! I can imagine the amount of work and physics that went into building that collider.
October 16, 2021 at 11:59 pmThis is super cool! I can imagine the amount of work and physics that went into building that collider.
October 16, 2021 at 11:59 pmThis is super cool! I can imagine the amount of work and physics that went into building that collider.
June 19, 2021 at 9:26 amWhat if the explanation to the origin of life on earth can only be found in some form of life outside our planet or solar system so I don’t think we need to understand the origin of life on earth before we re able to detect life on other worlds.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:49 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to keep on exploring.
June 19, 2021 at 8:48 amGreat lecture Professor Sasselov. I have learnt a lot and at the same time fired up to learn the more.
June 19, 2021 at 8:29 amThis is an important question and one that is at the same time tricky to answer. Let’s take a look at our neighbouring sister planet Mars; scientists believe that there is a possibility of the existence life on it. Irrespective of the fact that this planet is closer to earth than one that is thousand of light years away and that humans have been able to send exploratory robots/ machines to aid their search, we still haven’t been able to locate evidence of life on it. So we can infer that even if we find a planet with all the characteristics listed above it will be insanely difficult to identify evidence of life on it except if we are lucky to spot some form of being jetting off in an alien-like designed spacecraft from this planet then at this point we did count ourselves lucky.
June 19, 2021 at 8:28 amThis is an important question and one that is tricky to answer. Let’s take a look at our neighbouring sister planet Mars; scientists believe that there is a possibility of the existence life on it. Irrespective of the fact that this planet is closer to earth than one that is thousand of light years away and that humans have been able to send exploratory robots/ machines to aid their search, we still haven’t been able to locate evidence of life on it. So we can infer that even if we find a planet with all the characteristics listed above it will be insanely difficult to identify evidence of life on it except if we are lucky to spot some form of being jetting off in a alien-like designed space craft from this planet then at this point we did count ourselves lucky.
June 19, 2021 at 7:28 amI absolutely agree with you on this. There is need to take into consideration what type of planet to research on. However just as you mentioned, scientist should also take notes of other satellites in their habitable zones.
June 19, 2021 at 4:14 amThanks to the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite project and the team that carried out this project for broadening our knowledge. This is an interesting topic.
