3.2 Exploring the Ocean Summary
- To be a scientist: Observe carefully, report honestly, discriminate truth from fiction, and embrace the natural world.
- We were more closely connected to the natural world thousands of years ago when our survival depended on it.
- Getting to know the oceans’ amazing creatures lets us appreciate their beauty and their crucial role, helping us realize our survival still depends on their health.
- Oceans drive climate and weather and hold most of life and the greatest diversity on Earth.
- Submersibles are immensely helpful to scientists to study the depths of our oceans.